BE (Env) Hons, WQMS Auditor
Manager Business Operations
2017 to present
Manager Business Operations
Env & Planning Officer
Transport for NSW
Black & Veatch, UK
NSW Dep of Lands
Water Research Laboratory
Natalie has almost 20 years’ experience in the water industry, specialising in water resource engineering. She has an environmental engineering degree from the University of NSW.
Natalie has provided technical services to government bodies, utility companies and local councils. She has a wide range of experience in infrastructure projects including water treatment plants, flood mitigation works and coastal engineering schemes.
In her role at Atom Consulting, Natalie has been involved in drinking and recycled water quality risk assessments, developed management systems, standard operating procedures and incident and emergency response plans.
Natalie is highly proficient in carrying out data analysis and technical assessments, with experience undertaking vulnerability assessments of water and waste water treatment plans on behalf of Thames Water in the UK.
Natalie has also carried out strategic and flood alleviation scheme feasibility assessments, including catchment and stormwater management.
Natalie is a certified Water Quality Management System Auditor, with strong skills in environmental compliance management of infrastructure projects. She is also highly proficient in financial and project management.
Skills and Experience
Water and waste water treatment
- Developed and implemented drinking and recycled water management systems
- Prepared and reviewed incident and emergency response plans
- Water and waste water treatment plant vulnerability assessments.
Technical review and report writing
- Produced strategic, feasibility and assessment reports, including development of supporting technical information, option and economic assessment
- Option appraisal and business cases development
- Peer review and technical assessment
Risk assessment and management
- Facilitation and workshop recording of drinking and recycled water quality risk assessments
- Developed and reviewed designers risk assessments, to identify and manage the environmental, WH&S and technical risks of a project
- Exemplar Global qualified Drinking Water and Recycled Water auditor
- Conducted statutory licence audits for water utilities
Tender and contract management
- Commercial and contractual management
- Produced specifications, tender and contractual documentation
- Economic analysis of flood damages
- Whole life cycle cost/benefit assessments, including calculating benefits to the nation; calculation of asset, operation and maintenance costs
- Climate change analysis and sensitivity
Project and financial management
- Programming, including Gantt Chart development and progress tracking
- Invoicing and budget control
- Client liaison and reporting
- Environmental site management experience
- Construction site supervisory experience, including managing design queries; reviewing method statements and risk assessments and acting as the onsite contact for public enquires